Application Scientist II (On-Site) – Boulder, CO Area
- Assist sales team and customers with pre-sales technical guidance to determine correct product solutions for experimental requirements.
- Provide installation, training, and support for current customers to obtain product satisfaction after purchase. Tasks include answering questions, assisting with data analysis, and advising on experimental design to produce high quality results.
- Design, outline and propose Testing and Custom Service projects to demonstrate product capabilities through paid studies. Work with internal scientists to develop effective experimental plans that address customer’s needs and report results.
- Explain and demonstrate product advantages to customers via technical seminars and discussions (both virtually and in-person).
- Engage customer base to grow consumables sales by increasing application awareness. Provide information and ideas for customers seeking to learn more about new and existing products.
- Collaborate with marketing to produce InDevR product value statements and create sales tools such as webinars and application notes.
- Update Salesforce CRM system regularly with technical opportunity details and provide reports and information as requested.
- Address customer technical issues and initiate any necessary service items with tracking in Salesforce.
- Occasional field travel for conferences, installations, or training and out of hours support for global customers when necessary.
- Develop relationships with senior managers, VP, and technical opinion leaders at customer accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- The following criteria may be met via a combination of education and experience. Must have proven skills for developing relationships with external customers, sales team, and other internal stakeholders.
- Advanced degree (e.g., M.S., PhD, etc.) in Biological Sciences or equivalent area.
- 3+ years of post-graduate hands-on laboratory experience with life science research instrumentation and consumables.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role (e.g., scientific support, field application scientist, etc.).
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with scientists and individuals of diverse backgrounds to achieve company goals.
- Experience with immunoassays and/or analytical development of assays for protein/nucleic acid analysis and characterization is preferred.
- Familiarity with additional molecular biology techniques including ELISA, HPLC, TCID50, SDS-PAGE, recombinant protein and viral particle production, cell culture, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex scientific ideas effectively and concisely via a variety of media (e.g., written, verbal, etc.) is required.
- Experience with infectious disease research or vaccine development is desirable.
- Ability to rapidly gain detailed understanding of technical products.
- Attention to detail, creativity, problem-solving, general data analysis, and experimental design is required.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, effective time management, and multitasking.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, particularly in technical writing. Additional language skills are a plus.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Salesforce CRM software.
- Supervise, mentor, or train other team members.
- Position is based on-site at the Boulder, Colorado headquarters.
Pay: Total compensation $120-150k (Base salary + 5% bonus)
InDevR offers health benefits, a company match on SIMPLE IRA contributions, paid time off
To apply for the position, please visit Indeed